Tuesday, November 29, 2011

December Daily Foundation Pages: Part 2

I'm back today with more foundation pages in my December Daily.  To see the first round of pages, go here.

I used a small American Craft album that came with the Studio Calico December Daily kit.  The page protectors in the album measure 6 x 8.5 inches.  I love this size.  It's such a fun little canvas to work on. The Studio Calico kit also came with patterned paper, but I put that aside and used Echo Park collections instead.

Each day (except Day 1) is a two-page spread.  On the right, is a calendar page (purchased from Ali Edwards) and on the left is a page I decorated using Echo Park.  I sewed a frame around each page on the left to mimic the border around the calendar page on the right.

Here's December 6:

I just love those snowflake papers in the Holly Jolly line.  I took both papers (the muted one and the colorful one) and quilted them together using a square punch and a zig zag stitch.  The snowman is from the Holly Jolly chipboard.  I followed Ali's lead and added a transparency divider between each spread.

December 7: 

On this day, I will journal about getting our Christmas tree.  Love this fun paper and that cute journaling card.  I never remember Christmas trees being $2 though!  I think I will include a receipt on this page for our tree as a nice comparison.

December 8: 

This is the "Glad Tidings" paper from the Holly Jolly line.  It spells out some of my favorite Christmas traditions:  present time, a cup of cocoa and mistletoe kisses!

December 9:

On this page, we'll post our Christmas wish lists. Ali had a good idea on her blog to list not only our kids' Christmas wishes but to list our own as well.  I'll journal those on the calendar page.

December 10:

Here, I'll document a favorite family tradition: hanging stockings for each member of the family. Most of our stockings are homemade and I loved seeing them overflowing with goodies on Christmas morning.

Do you have a December Daily in the works?  If so, feel free to link yours in the comments. I'd love to see your version.

Supply list:
Echo Park: Holly Jolly - 6x6 pad, 12x12 collection kit, chipboard, stamps; Metro Dots and Stripes - 6x6 pad, 12x12 collection kit; Season’s Greetings 12x12 collection kit, chipboard, brads; Everybody Loves Christmas 12x12 collection kit.
American Crafts: Album
Ali Edwards: calendar overlays
Hambly: Transparencies
Bo Bunny: ribbon
Fancy Pants: ribbon
The Twinery: twine
Making Memories: Buttons
My Mind’s Eye: Stamps
Ranger Industries: Ink
Sewing Machine: Bernina

10 comments:

  1. Love love love love this!! I loveeeeeeee all that stitching!! I don't remember trees ever being $2 either!! LOL!!! I can't wait to fill mine up! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute fun pages! I'd love to find a $2 tree this year, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! love all the sewing! TFS!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your DD is looking super cute~your pages are going nicely together. Love the bold and then sutle look together!!! bEAUTIFUL WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sewing! Its such a great touch. Looking forward to seeing some finished pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveeeee your paper quilting!!!
    You're talent is just so Amazing :)
    Hugssss

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color blocking you used in your little mini :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sewing really makes it perfect!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the red stitching! What great pages!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...