Friday, December 30, 2011

December Daily: Final Pages

This was my first year doing a December Daily and I had such fun with it. I ordered the Studio Calico kit. I so loved the American Crafts album that came in the kit. It is a great size. The pages are 6 x 8.5 inches. I almost always scrap 12 x 12 and it was such a treat to work on the small canvas of the December Daily.
I used the calendar pages that Ali Edwards offers and followed her general framework. I used her calendar pages on the right and a foundation page on the left. I stitched around the foundation pages to mimic the frame of the calendar pages. I used mostly Echo Park throughout the album to give the Daily a cohesive look.

Day 21:
Over the years, we collected crystal Orrefors ornaments for our tree and I highlighted them in this entry, a filler day.
Day 22:
One of our city's favorite family-friendly traditions is going to see the Leonard Bearstein Symphony Orchestra, mechanical bears that sing and play holiday songs in the lobby of a building uptown. 

Day 23:
Mom has been using the same recipe to make these sugar cookies since 1966.  It's not Christmas without these cookies. LOVE them!

Day 24:
Scenes from the candleight Christmas Eve service and journaling about the tradition.
Day 25:
Christmas morning. I especially wanted to include photos of my parents here because they are so special to Cory and I love to observe his relationship with them.
I very nearly wrote “The End” at the bottom of the last page. I'm going to tuck my album away with my Christmas decorations.  It will be fun to pull it out next year and have a look.  

15 comments:

  1. Sooooooooooo love love love love how yours turned out!! Just GORGEOUS!!!! If...and I stress the word IF...lol, I was to do a DD again, I would need to do a bigger size like yours... mine was hard to work with... :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your album came out great! I thik it's great that you included lots of journaling. It's going to be a nice memory to look back on years down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project Izzy,love it and a great way to keep all those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww.. this is so ADORABLE! Totally adore your album pages, Izzy! Especially the pictures on the first page (left side) of the ornaments.. they are so beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing :-)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I adore your DD! Love your scrap style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your little one is so cute, makes these pages so special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages. I love your focus. Can you tell me how you created page 23? Debbysdare@gmail.com. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your DDcame out, the pictures, the colors, journaling. Congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww...LOVE how your DD came out! What a piece that you will treasure for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I just love your DD! Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Dec Daily! Love it! Great journaling, well done! I have this on my 'to do' list for 2012 TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you typed on your pages!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors and journaling. In my album, my fav pages are the ones with the most journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh...how cute, cute, CUTE! Love how much journaling you included on each page, too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...